PALM SUNDAY OF THE LORD’ Solemnity PASSION
Procession: Luke 19: 28-40
When the Lord is on the way, even colts and strangers work in line with His plan. When Nay-sayers try to quell the rejoicing disciples, Christ himself rebukes them. “If they hold their peace now, even the stones will cry out.”(v.40) There is a time for peace and a time for rejoicing, the Lord Himself approves of this. Therefore, may we yield more and more to the Holy Spirit to guide us. May we speak up at the opportune time but hold our peace when it is wise to do so!
First Reading: Isaiah 50: 4-7
Christ holds us up with His Word, even when we are weary. He was not rebellious and even for us a stubborn people, he accepted that ignominious death.
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 22: 8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24
God loves us so much, that He separated himself from HIS only Son. The only time in history that Jesus Christ was distanced from GOD the Father, was at that brief period on the cross; just so that we mortals might be saved! Our Father’s love for us is unimaginable.
Thank You, God!
Second Reading: Philippians 2: 6-11
Who though he (Christ Jesus) was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited but emptied himself. (v. 6)
Every knee should bend, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father. (v. 10-11)
The greatest love story ever written is the Bible and there cannot be a match for it. The immense humility of God is seen when He himself the Creator; took the form of His creatures. His Love is poured out on the earth, through His only Son. We humans will never be able to fathom the reason for His great love for us.
Therefore, we ought to confess his name above every name.
Gospel: Luke 22: 14 – 23: 56
- Jesus Christ instituted the Holy Eucharist (22:19-20) as a remembrance for us here on earth of his great Love. May we cherish this sacramental most dearly.
- He appoints the apostles as judges over the 12 tribes of Israel. (v. 30)
- Christ went through a very real spiritual battle every moment of His life, while here on earth! Satan demands a sifting of his disciples (v. 31) and even though HE is God, Jesus Christ battled and prayed for his disciples! Therefore, we must pray at all times, and speak in tongues whenever we can. The devil doesn’t understand the language of the Holy Spirit. Ask The Lord and we shall receive.
- With Christ on our side, we don’t need swords, but here HE is instructing us to carry a sword! The sword of the spirit is the Word of God. (Eph. 6:1-20)
- Jesus said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Get up and pray that you may not come into the time of trial.” (v. 46)
- “…the power of darkness.”(v. 53) We must not be dismayed in this hour of our darkness!
- When false allegations are leveled against us, may we remember the trial of God at the hands of blinded men!
- Simon of Cyrene is seized and made to carry Jesus’ cross. (23:26) May we recognize that it is the Lord; even when we are forced to shoulder somebody’s cross!
- We pray to St. Peter to intercede for us that we may truly repent and return to strengthen our brethren, just like he did!