Lent is a new beginning, a path leading to the certain goal of Easter, Christ’s victory over death. This season urgently calls us to conversion. Christians are asked to return to God “with all their hearts” (Joel 2:12), to refuse to settle for mediocrity and to grow in friendship with the Lord. Jesus is the faithful friend who never abandons us. Even when we sin, he patiently awaits our return; by that patient expectation, he shows us his readiness to forgive.
Pope Francis on Lent 2017
- Fast from Hurting Words and say Kind words.
- Fast from Sadness and be filled with Gratitude.
- Fast from Anger and be filled with Patience.
- Fast from Pessimism and be filled with Hope.
- Fast from Worries and Trust in God.
- Fast from Complaints and contemplate Simplicity.
- Fast from Pressures and be Prayerful.
- Fast from Bitterness and fill your heart with Joy.
- Fast from Selfishness and be Compassionate to others.
- Fast from Grudges and be Reconciled.
- Fast from Words and be Silent so you can listen.