- It gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- It purifies our souls, washing away sin.
- It gives us victory over all our enemies.
- It makes it easy for us to practice virtue.
- It sets us on fire with love of Our Lord.
- It enriches us with graces and merits.
- It supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men; and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.
- The Sign of the Cross
- The Apostles’ Creed
- The Lord’s Prayer
- The Hail Mary
- Glory be to the Father
- O My Jesus
- Hail Holy Queen
- O God, whose only begotten Son
Also You need to know the Various Mysteries of the Holy rosary, that has to be announced when reciting the rosary for every decade.
- Start with the Sign of cross
‘In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.’
- Then Say the Apostles’ creed
‘I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.’
- Then Say the Lord’s Prayer
‘Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.’
- Then say 3 Hail Mary
‘Hail Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.’
- Then Say Glory be to the Father and O my Jesus
‘Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.’
‘O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.’
- Now Announce the First mystery from any of the mysteries. (Here Joyful Mysteries)
Say it as “The first Mystery is ‘The Annunciation of Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1:26-38)'”
- Say one Lord’s prayer, followed by Ten Hail Mary, Glory be to the Father, and O my Jesus.
Similarly announce the other mysteries and follow step ‘7‘ .
- At the end of fifth decade say a ‘Hail holy Queen’
Hail, holy Queen,
Mother of Mercy, Our life,
our sweetness and our hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve,
To thee do we send up our sighs,
Mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us, And after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
- Then Say ‘O God, whose only begotten Son’
‘O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Holy Rosary of Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain, and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord, Amen’
- Finally end the prayer with ‘The Sign of Cross’
On Monday and Saturday, meditate on the “Joyful Mysteries”
On Thursday, meditate on the “Luminous Mysteries”
On Tuesday and Friday, meditate on the “Sorrowful Mysteries”
On Wednesday and Sunday, meditate on the “Glorious Mysteries”
The Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary (Monday and Saturday)
1. The Annunciation of Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1:26-38)
2. The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth (Luke 1:39-56)
3. The Birth of Our Lord (Luke 2:1-21)
4. The Presentation of Our Lord (Luke 2:22-38)
5. The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple (Luke 2:41-52)
The Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary (Tuesday and Friday)
1. The Agony of Our Lord in the Garden (Matthew 26:36-56)
2. Our Lord is Scourged at the Pillar (Matthew 27:26)
3. Our Lord is Crowned with Thorns (Matthew 27:27-31)
4. Our Lord Carries the Cross to Calvary (Matthew 27:32)
5. The Crucifixion of Our Lord(Matthew 27:33-56)
The Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary (Wednesday and Sunday)
1. The Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord (John 20:1-29)
2. The Ascension of Our Lord (Luke 24:36-53)
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-41)
4. The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
5. The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth
The Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary (Thursday)
1. The Baptism of Our Lord in the River Jordan (Matthew 3:13-16)
2. The Wedding at Cana, when Christ manifested Himself (Jn 2:1-11)
3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:14-15)
4. The Transfiguration of Our Lord (Matthew 17:1-8)
5. The Last Supper, when Our Lord gave us the Holy Eucharist (Mt 26)